It took us a while to get pregnant with The Tyrant. We got married and I went off birth control. Three years, +/-18 rounds of Clomid, 2 miscarriages and one near-death experience later, we held him in our arms. As I've written before, he was an angel baby. Slept well, ate well, smiled a lot; just perfect. This was our downfall.
When we discussed how many children we wanted, we agreed that 2 would be great. Since we had so much trouble and heartache having The Tyrant, we decided that we would discuss trying again for a second child when he was one year.
I've never been a patient person. Ever.
When he was six months old, I got my cycle back and had the brilliant idea that we should try again for a second child immediately. Who new how long it would take this time, I told The Big O. We'd try for a year and I'd go back to my OB, get more fertility drugs that make me batshitcrazy and play the waiting game again. He was not convinced but I was persuasive and eloquent and knowledgeable in my logic (read: I got a Brazilian wax).
I thought for sure that it would take us forever to get pregnant again. Actually from the time we had the first conversation to when I peed on a stick was a little over two weeks. Fruit flies have longer life spans.
Now we have Peanuty and I can say with absolute confidence that if he had been our first, he might have been our last. He's still the angel baby that The Tyrant was, but in different ways. For example: Peanuty likes to snuggle where The Tyrant didn't. Unfortunately he likes to snuggle at 11PM, 1AM, 2:30-3:30AM and 6AM.
But today I watched The Tyrant play hide-and-go-seek, toddler style with his baby brother and thought about how lucky I am Giggling and chortling, they were the most beautiful babies I've ever seen. Now if only I can get this kid to sleep without selling my soul...
They better like each other is right! Whew! Little lovies are a lot of work!
ReplyDelete