Peanuty Goodness ate a lot for dinner tonight. So much that I was amazed and probably gave him more than was good for him but he wanted it so I decided to tempt Fate and see.
It didn't go well.
He doesn't sleep well as it is but tonight he woke up after being down for an hour. When he wakes up, you know it. Hell, the neighbors know it. This child wakes up screaming and doesn't stop until he gets his way or passes out, whichever comes first. Getting his way usually comes first as A) I can't have him waking up his brother and B) he gets so upset that shit gets ugly real quick.
Like tonight, for example. We try a modified cry it out method that doesn't seem to work but we go with it hoping against hope. It's like the definition of insanity; you keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. That's us. There should be a picture next to that word in the dictionary of our tired, confused faces.
Back to tonight. I let him cry for 10 minutes, then go in to soothe him. We try not to pick him up but some nights it quiets him down and he falls asleep but other nights it's a no-go. Tonight was half and half. When I picked him up, he quieted down and would fall asleep in my arms but when I went to put him down, it was on. You'd think the crib was electrified the way this kid acted. After 10 minutes we decided maybe his tummy was upset and gripe water was the way to go. The Big O went in to get him and I prepared his digestif. Don't you know he calmed right down, sat on his daddy's lap looked at me, smiled and threw up everywhere? I think he did it for spite. At least it wasn't on the rug. Small blessings, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment