The Tyrant will be two years old next month and is tons o' fun lately. He interacts with us more, has opinions and loves to turn the light switches on and off. It resembles a disco up in this mother sometimes but that's okay, that's how we roll. Or used to roll. Or could roll if we didn't have children and serious sleep deprivation.
Unfortunately, with the increased interaction comes increased verbal diarrhea. This child will repeat anything. ANYTHING. Including me exclaiming how cold it is in the kitchen one morning, "FUCK ME!" There was no getting around it either, The Big O was right behind him so I couldn't even pretend like it didn't happen. Let me tell you about the stink eye I got for that one. Alex Trebeck might not have given it to him due to pronunciation but it came across well enough. The Tyrant especially likes to see my reaction so when I do slip up and say something that little pitchers with big ears (what does that mean anyway? Little pitchers, big ears...never understood that one) shouldn't hear, I try not to give a reaction should it be repeated and giggled over.
Like today for example. I was unthrilled and let it be known with a long, drawn-out, "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh-IT". Don't you know, second for second, letter for letter, it was repeated with the exact amount of feeling. If I wasn't so sure that someone was going to take my kid away, I'd be proud.
My mother likes to say that I swear in body parts. I prefer the classics and use them with frequency and feeling. My personal favorite is an action word but could be construed as a noun, I suppose and in polite company is defined as one who performs fellatio. That's if you you hang out with people who say "fellatio" to each other. And if that's the case, who the hell are you hanging out with?!
I'm waiting for that bomb to drop and will forever be banned from speaking to, in front of, around, near or in the general vicinity of my kid if The Big O ever hears that. So for now I'll have to stick with fuck.
Fuck is my favorite word! Although the first born never repeated it and the boss tells me "mommy, don't say bad words in front of me." talk about feeling like an ass. :)
ReplyDelete