My grandfather passed on last Thursday and I drove from Montreal down to Hilly Billy Heaven, Pennsylvania. The entire trip was a clusterfuck of epic proportions and I'm glad to be home. I learned a lot on this trip though and I'll share some of the high points with you:
1. My grandfather looks funny with his teeth in. It had nothing to do with him being gone, he looked exactly the same. But with teeth.
2. It doesn't matter if your mom works for Customs, you will get pulled over at the border anyway and your car searched for no other reason than because they can. This takes the better part of an hour.
3. *Some* cops don't care if you're going to funeral. You can get a speeding ticket anyway.
4. My sister was pulled over by a cop who let her go with a warning. I'd say there were sexual favors involved because I'm catty and bitchy and jealous like that but her kids were with her and even I won't go there.
5. The Big O stayed home with the kids and while the house was wrecked and the children and the kitchen floor were sticky, no one bled from the eyes so I consider it a success.
All in all, I'm glad that Grumpa isn't suffering. He had a long, happy life and touched so many people. I love him dearly and he'll be missed greatly.
May Grumpa rest in peace.
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh! I love you and am sorry to laugh. :)